Friday, December 23, 2016

Merry Christmas!

I´m exhausted!  We have had a busy day doing service.  We went and weeded a garden and moved lots of dirt and rock for a family that´s going to be adding on to their house.  We were using like a little wheelbarrow that´s pretty beat up but it got the job done.  The service is for a family we have been working with.  Their little guy is the one who was going to be baptized on Christmas Eve but it looks like we are going to have to put that on hold because his parents aren’t in agreement.   Their son is super interested.  He loves the gospel has made lots of friends.  We are working hard trying to win the hearts of the parents.


 
The pictures were of our Christmas devotional with President and Sister Crapo. It was super fun.  It was a FEAST. It was like a buffet and it was SO good.  They gave us fun gifts and it was a riot with all the other missionaries there too.  I love those meetings!

Elder Yama already went home! Can you believe that?  It´s so crazy...when I started the mission he only had 6 months in the mission and now I only have 6 months left.

YES!!!!!! I GOT A SURPRISE PACKAGE OF THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS!!!! I forgot I hadn´t told you guys about that!!! We might have opened a few more than one a day.  I didn´t read the note because I got a little too excited but I still have the pile of gift wrap there in the house because I´m just treasuring every second.   I loved the socks.  They are so comfortable and it´s fun to have new things that I use lots.  Elder Martinez was so happy to be included.  He said, "This is what I like about having a companion from the United States at Christmas time!" We shared a good laugh and we did save like three gifts.  I just love Christmas!

We haven´t moved yet. We´re going to go take pictures of the house tonight to send pictures to the secretaries tomorrow and then they´re going to give us the thumbs up or down.

The firework pictures are of a fun little tradition that they do here in Guatemala.  It´s like a big show that they do in the city but there´s a part of our area on a big mountain where we can see everything and we got to see the fireworks from far away with one of our investigators.

We have spent a lot of time serving this month.  Whether it’s pulling water out of the well or moving dirt or helping build a house or cutting shoes or whatever it is, we have been serving and I have actually really enjoyed that.

Elder Martinez and I get along really well.  We like to work super super hard and then have like some time to relax, you know?  Transfers are coming up two days after Christmas and I don´t think we´ll be together another transfer but it´s possible. Who knows what´ll happen!?!   Elder Martinez has like four and a half months here in the area.  I’ve been in Zona 18 for this whole year--six months in Alameda, three and a half in Las Ilusiones and two and a half here in Esperanza.  We’ll see what happens.

I love you all and wish you a very Merry Christmas!  Continue to light the world and remember the reason we celebrate!!!

Love,
Elder Lott

No comments:

Post a Comment