Thursday, July 2, 2015

I made it to Guatemala!

Our computer crashed so this update is a little delayed...He said he would email Sunday but Tuesday was the actual email day.  We'll blame that on the immersion program :)

Here is his email:

I made it to Guatemala safely. It's a whirlwind of adventure. I don't even know what's going on. Everything is in Spanish. The instructions, the teachers, the signs, the Latino companionships, everything. Definitely immersed in it.

Hey but guess what?! I got called as a district leader! Already! I'm in so over my head. I'm super overwhelmed. There are so many meetings and talks to prepare and Spanish to learn. But I'm taking it one step at a time and relying on the Lord and it's working. I'm in good hands. I can't believe a week has already passed. It's kind of seemed like forever but at the same time it has felt really really fast.

My companions are awesome. We actually have a trio companionship. So there's three of us that have to keep track of each other which is kind of hard...but it's fun at the same time. My companions are Elder Massey and Elder O'Driscoll. But mostly there's 5 of us because everyone in our room is just super awesome so we all just stick together. That's Elders Lopez, Jensen, Massey, O'Driscoll, and Lott. The 5 amigos hahaha. We definitely get along. I was blessed with awesome guys.

They're taking good care of me. The food has actually been super good. They feed us ALOT.... I have to keep exercising everyday cause I'm afraid to get fat. A couple of my companions really enjoy hitting the gym during physical time so I've been doing some workouts. Definitely been sore a couple of times hahaha.

They shaved my head. They shaved all of our heads. I was bummed.. Maybe you can find some pictures on Facebook! I know we've taken one in front of the temple and one in front of the CCM which stands for Centro de Capacitación Misional. I finally figured it out. So there you go!!  Maybe they've posted them out there haha.

Spanish? Well.... It's coming. Holy cow it's hard though. Everything is in Spanish and all the teachers are very fluent and everybody talks to you in Spanish and you try your best to understand and respond but man it is so hard. It's coming though. I'm getting better everyday.  As far as needs? I think I'm set for right now. We did a good job. I haven't had any problems.  I am in good health! No colds or anything! I have been blessed!

Keep yourself busy. That's what I have to do. I definitely get homesick. All the time. I'm not the only one though and that's good. I can get it all out with my companions. Service is one of the best ways to lose yourself. That's what I'm doing! The schedule here is crazy. P-days just like switch depending on the day. So I'm sorry that Sunday didn't happen but today is the day. I think it's usually either Tuesday or Wednesday. So watch for those days.

I love you guys. I hope all is well.
I'll write soon!
Love,
Elder Lott


No comments:

Post a Comment