Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Emergency Transfers are Hard!

It was a pretty normal kind of slow week... However, we did have a good missionary correlation this last Saturday with our ward mission leader where we planned a fun missionary activity.  We are going to share a fun spiritual message with slideshow and everything and then we`re going to invite the members to give references to us so that we can find friends and family of the members that are ready to receive the gospel.  I`m pretty excited for it we`ll have to see how it goes!

Emergency transfers were absolutely nuts and honestly I don`t really ever want to have to do them again!  But hey, it is what it is and the Lord has a plan and he knows what he`s doing and I`m excited to learn and grow from the experience that my companion has had and everything!!

We didn`t really sleep the night of transfers cause we were packing his bags and everything and then after I was worried all night about what was to come but it all worked out and my companion is a great guy. My Spanish has definitely improved tons where I can express myself and understand almost everything so that helps a lot.

Elder Figueroa is in an area called Fiscal. One of our investigators saw him the other day and told me that he looks like all is well and told them to tell me that he missed me so that was kind of fun!

Elder Barrera a little different but he`s a fun guy! He has a strong testimony and likes to teach so that`s always fun. I`ve learned some new teaching strategies from him and I`m learning every day! Elder Barrera is from here in Guatemala but from someplace far away from here.  I don`t even remember what it`s called haha! He doesn`t speak a lick of English. He speaks another language though called Quiche or something like that so that`s kind of crazy. He has 14 months out in the field.  We`re all settled in now.  We`ve adjusted and we`re off working again. I`ll try and get a couple more pictures of my new companion so you guys can get an idea of him! All is well though and I`m doing good :)

Alameda is actually starting to cool off. Apparently we`re entering the spring season and it`s going to start raining so I guess I`m going to start carrying an umbrella or a rain jacket or something just in case because usually when it rains...it downpours for a good few minutes haha! 

There is always tons of dogs... some that have like weird diseases and are super ugly... some that are scary and growl and stuff but eh we just avoid them...take other routes or something like that.

Obedience brings blessings... EXACT obedience brings miracles... I have seen so many blessings just from being obedient!

Love you all!
Elder Lott

A custom suit made by a tailor in Guatemala is the treasured souvenir of Elder Lott’s Mission.  We knew that before he left.  Apparently Alameda is the place.



You got the pictures?!? Did you like it? I thought it was super awesome and I was super pleased with how it turned out. I got it in time to wear for general conference and it is everything I dreamed it would be. It is seriously so awesome. The color, the way it fits and all the custom patterns and stuff I was way stoked about it. I wear it as often as I can but I also try to treasure it and keep it safe and everything.  It`s a hard balance haha ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment