Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Estoy Feliz = I'm Happy!

We had a baptism this last Saturday that was super awesome! The hermana that we baptized had a stroke and has some trouble controlling her movements and talking, but the baptism turned out great! Me and my companion both entered the baptismal font and when she came up out of the water she had the biggest smile on her face and struggled a little bit to say "estoy feliz" which means “I`m happy” and honestly I felt the Spirit so strong. That is the highlight of the week!

We had transfers today.  Nothing new with me and my comp but there were tons of Elders in our area that were transferred.  I`m anxious to see who will be coming....... I`m kinda sad but at the same time excited to see who will be coming to liven things up a little, you know? 

Here is the news headline that found us here at home on Friday:
A strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.2 has struck the Pacific Ocean just off the southern Mexican state of Chiapas and Guatemala, seismologists say. No tsunami warnings have been issued. The earthquake struck at 9:11 a.m. CT on Friday. Shaking was felt throughout the region in both Guatemala and southern Mexico.

And here is his response :)

Mommy, I`m safe! I honestly didn’t even know there was an earthquake and I didn`t even hear about it... That`s nuts!! I am safe though don`t worry :)


Elder Barrera (his companion on the left) is 21 so he`s a little bit older than me but not too much... There are ages from 18 to like 25 here so it`s not too old but a little bit more experienced you could say ;) 

No, I can`t buy goldfish here... or Cheetos. There is a knockoff brand of Cheetos here though that I guess is pretty similar ;) 

No senior couples in our mission... Actually I think there are but they all serve in the temple! :) 

Specific in prayers...Hmmm...Maybe just one of our investigators... Michelle... She had her baby recently and is on the road to recovery and then baptism so pray for her :) 

Thanks for everything!
Love to you all—
Elder Lott

These are my dear friends, Elder Brubaker and Elder Nawhinie (the Hawaiian).  Elder Nawhinie is leaving and that`s a bummer :( but we have some good memories and I think we`ll run into each other again down the road.



No comments:

Post a Comment